Technology Product Strategy – Educational Technology Provider
- A higher education software provider struggled to innovate due to an aging and sprawling code bases for its key software products. The company was looking for a 3rd party perspective to help guide and navigate a challenging technology transformation.
- Estimated technology investment required was in the tens of millions of dollars and would require multiple years to complete.
- Renna was asked to identify and document all major technical debt items across the company’s two major solutions.
- Renna worked across product management, sales, engineering, support, etc. to identify key fundamental improvements needed before undertaking any material change to the products
- Client’s management and board was provided with greater visibility and details required to make the investment. This included analysis of pros and cons of potential options taking into consideration risks, potential financial pitfalls and opportunities.
- Provided a detailed strategy for improvements to the technology operating model (people, processes and technology) required to support a major technology transformation project.
- Provided a detailed cutover migration roadmap to help clients migrate from the current state solution to the proposed future state solution. This included details regarding which clients to prioritize, when to migrate and guidance on potential pitfalls and risks associated with migrating clients during a technology transformation.