Carve-out Planning & Execution – Educational Technology Provider
- Private equity firm with $2B AUM bought an educational technology provider carved out of its parent company.
- Complex carve-out from a PE-backed parent company. Decided on a greenfield applications architecture.
- Interim CIO during the TSA period.
- IT PMO Lead during the TSA period.
- Managed cutover of all IT systems and infrastructure to new standalone systems.
- Managed IT costs during interim period, coming in approximately 20% under budget.
- Initiated a program management office (PMO) dedicated to the separation. Defined roles, created processes and templates and brought on dedicated local consultants to help manage the effort.
- Developed ongoing run rate budget for the new IT department.
- Hired nearly 20 IT personnel resources over a 12-month period, including leadership level staff.
- Selected implementation partners and managed implementation of ERP, CRM and other applications.
- Managed systems infrastructure implementation with a combination of external vendors and newly-hired staff.
- Established IT security and compliance program and staff.
- Coordinated activities among functional leads for non-IT aspects of the transition.