Interim Technology Executive Services – Travel Management Company
- A private equity firm client acquired a portfolio company that provided specialized travel management services to “high-touch” clientele. Shortly after acquiring the company, the Head of IT resigned and the client asked us to step in as interim CIO.
- Managed the global IT department and technology environment of the company, including personnel, budget, applications, infrastructure, external providers, etc.
- Developed and documented the IT roadmap of initiatives for the next 18-24 months, including project charters, milestone plans, budgets, etc. Identified and scoped out 15 strategic projects including an overhaul of the company’s dated application portfolio, improvements to the IT infrastructure architecture, advancement of the company’s reporting and analysis tools, etc. Helped with planning and execution of projects on the roadmap (e.g., PCI, GDPR, BI, etc.).
- Developed a comprehensive budget for the technology needs of the company, including CAPEX needs to complete the IT roadmap initiatives as well as OPEX resources to maintain the ongoing technology landscape of the business.
- Supported and led updates to executive management of the company (i.e., CEO, CFO, Board, etc.) and coordinated with other functional leaders in the company on IT-related matters.
- Evaluated and reorganized the IT department into logical groupings of responsibilities. Consolidated resources into application development and support, infrastructure management, business intelligence and project governance. Adjusted resources accordingly.
- Helped identify, recruit and evaluate potential candidates to serve as IT Director for the company as well as candidates to serve as IT Portfolio Manager.