Technology Strategy and Roadmap – Manufacturing Company
- A client in the manufacturing industry had recently implemented an enterprise-level system to handle order management, production planning, shipping, etc. Unfortunately, the company experienced significant operational challenges with the newly implemented system and had a gap in technology leadership that needed to be addressed.
- Renna deployed a team to help the client with resolving these acute operational problems serving as interim CIO for the company.
- Renna helped onboard the new CIO by defining and documenting the technology roadmap for the company to stabilize its recent system implementation, prepare for further rollout to the organization and address the risks and concerns related to the company’s technology landscape.
- Triaged issues with the new implementation and provided solutions for stabilizing operations.
- Conducted an assessment of the company’s technology landscape, identifying key concerns and remediation required for its business applications, systems infrastructure, IT security preparedness, IT management practices and IT organization and skills.
- Outlined an 18-month roadmap of initiatives to remediate the implementation failure as well as address other material concerns with the technology landscape.
- Evaluated and onboarded key third-party providers to help execute the roadmap initiatives.